Sunday, May 2, 2010

When the Flood is Gone We Still Remain

I'm sure you all have heard about the storms that have left catastrophic flooding in Tennessee.  First, I cannot even begin to describe how incredibly fortunate I feel.  We have had no damage or flooding in our area.  Other parts of Hendersonville, in addition to the entire Nashville area weren't as lucky.  We were able to venture out today.  We had to.  Our power had been off since 5:30 this morning (it was restored 13 hours later), and we were going crazy.  We grabbed some friends who also needed to get out, and were able to find some places open for lunch.  My friend, Heather, took some video of the flooding in our area, and I hope to get some copies of that soon to watch.  I've seen flooding before, but when it is in your own town, it is so surreal.  Below, I've posted a video that was taken from I-24 just south of Nashville.  The image that you will see is unbelievable.  Please keep the people in Tennessee in your thoughts and prayers as many have lost their homes and vehicles due to this flood.



You can also view more pictures for the Nashville flood by clicking here:

No comments: