As far as our weather goes....it's been great! We did have some snow here the other day, and let me tell you....everyone freaked out! I had to visit parking services at Vanderbilt to renew my parking permit and heard the ladies talk about how hard the snow was coming down and that they were going to have to get home soon before it got too bad. Now, I understand that Tennessee doesn't have the funding or equipment to clean the roads like Indiana, but let me just tell you about the snow....First off, it wasn't coming down hard at all! I've seen snow come down hard. (For instance that little blizzard we had last year in Indiana where you couldn't see hardly anything in front of you!) Let's just say you could see for miles. And as far as accumulation...the weather channel said that we would see less than a half inch! It was MELTED by the afternoon!
As for the temperatures...we've had some days in the mid 60s and even into the 70s, which is great! But you drop much below 40 here and everyone thinks is freezing! I've told the people in my office that freezing is about 30 degrees cooler with a nice wind chill factor so that when you step outside your nose hairs freeze, you can't even tell that your nose is running, and it hurts to even breathe! When it gets like that here...if ever...then I'll agree that it's cold!
I do want to tell you all about the house decorations I saw the other weekend. Justin and I were driving through Madison, TN on our way back from Old Hickory Lake. I wish I would have had my camera out because this was priceless. Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough. Now, many of you who are hunters have the occasional deer head hanging in your living room, spare rooms, basement, etc. Well, the house I saw the other day belonged to a hunter who was obviously very proud of his trophies as all of his deer heads (notice I said HEADS) were mounted to the wrought iron poles on his front porch! Yes, that is correct....they were mounted OUTSIDE on his FRONT PORCH! I guess he must have just run out of room inside his house! You just never know what you may see here!
As for now....I'm gearing up for the big game! Our house will be divided tomorrow night, but thankfully Justin is out traveling so it looks like our marriage will withstand yet another IU vs. PU game. Go Hoosiers!!!!
~Audra
No comments:
Post a Comment