**SIGH**
I can't believe that my 4-day weekend is over already! Why do they always have to go by so fast? Now that I look back on it, I don't even remember what I did. All of the days just seem to blur together.
This weekend seemed to be the first that Justin and I have been able to spend together in quite some time. Wednesday night we ate at O'Charley's and went to the theatre and saw Wall-E. It was a cute movie! It started off a little slow, and there wasn't much dialog, but it was cute! Thursday was MY day! Although, Justin did ride along. He said as long as I would go eat breakfast with him, he would go wherever I wanted to go...no asking when we would be done! So we headed to our usual breakfast spot, Cracker Barrel. Afterwards, I went shopping. Later in the day, we went to renew our contracts and upgrade our cell phones. I HATE having to look for a new cell phone. I swear that it is almost as bad as buying a new car! After two years, I've finally just figured out everything with my old phone. I came home with a new version of my old phone, so hopefully everything is pretty much the same! We ended up not going to the H'ville 4th of July Festival. We just stayed home, grilled out, and watched the fireworks from our back deck instead.
For Friday, we stayed home most of the day. I went out and ran a few errands, and then we went out to eat with some friends for dinner. Not a very exciting 4th of July, but a very relaxing one!
On Saturday, I agreed to make the trip with Justin to Lynchburg, TN (Home of Jack Daniels). To give you an idea of what Lynchburg is like, the town has just a little over 300 people. It's very small, laid-back, and reminds you of Mayberry....seriously. Justin had to pick up a cooler made from a Jack Daniels barrel for his tradeshow this week. Seems silly to drive all of that way, but needless to say, Lynchburg has the best selection of Jack Daniels merchandise.
As for Sunday...let's just say we did some major work at the house! Justin decided that he wanted to move his office upstairs away from the noise of the furnace/air conditioner. I can honestly say that I don't blame him. I personally have a hard time hearing in the first place. I can't imagine having to battle that noise while trying to talk with customers on the phone or having a conference call! So we moved his office upstairs to where mine was. As for my office...it no longer exists! My old desk went out to the curb for trash pick-up (although I can't say that I minded---I HATED that desk! I didn't event want to move it with us!) However, later in the evening, I watched my neighbors across the street come over and take the desk! It's true...one person's trash is another person's treasure. I was glad to see someone take it though...it seemed to good to throw away, but there really wasn't anywhere else to go with it.
Justin also decided to take on another major task...line trimming and re-mulching the landscape. After a rather expensive trip to Lowe's, we hung out in the Tennessee humidity yesterday pulling weeds, raking out old mulch and re-mulching the landscape. I will admit...it does look nice, but of course we had to pick the middle of the day to accomplish this task.
I'll try to post some pictures later tonight of all of the work we did, but don't hold your breath!
No comments:
Post a Comment