Tuesday, March 9, 2010

And Having So Much To Say

Alright...I'm back and ready to fill you in.  As I mentioned, there has been LOTS going on in our world, so I'll break it down a bit.

Life with Justin
The last update I gave you about Justin was that he was sick with the flu.  Turns out, he probably had bronchitis.  Either way, he has recovered from it but is still battling the health issues that have been bothering him since August.  Meanwhile, the disc that they thought was torn is not.  On the other hand, he does have a bulging disc that may someday down the road require surgery.  We don't have a lot of information from the neurologist at this point, but Justin is supposed to follow up with him sometime soon.  So, in a quest to still determine what is wrong, Justin is pretty much BFFs with his PCP at this point.  I don't know if I mentioned it before or not, but in a heart scan he had, his cardiologist found a node on one of his lungs.  He said that almost everyone who lives in Tennessee has one because of allergies.  Most of them are caused by upper respiratory infections, however, he was supposed to have a follow-up CT scan in six months.  Recently, Justin had this follow-up scan done and they have determined that it is just a node and not the start of lung cancer, so that is a relief.  Justin also had some blood work done where they tested for the whole gamut of problems.  All it came back with was that he had elevated calcium levels.  His doctor doesn't know why this is elevated, and has chosen to re-test in 3 months.  If you know Justin really well, then you'll know that this isn't a good enough answer for him.  Being as scientific as he is with this thinking, he wants an answer.  He has to understand why.  So, he took to the web.  What he found was something called hyperparathyroidism and he does have most of the symptoms.  He found a specialist in Florida who he considered going to see.  When he found out that the consultation fee is $1500 for out-of-state patients (no insurance accepted), he decided to wait the three months.  I think he is really going to push his doctor on this issue as there are other tests that can be done to see if this is the case.  Whew!  Is that enough health-related issues for you?

As far as his work goes, he continues to excel with Dow Agro!  He was recently promoted and also received some long-term incentives with the company that not every employee gets.  I know I've said this before, but I am so proud of him!  He works so hard and puts his whole self into everything that does.  He loves his job, and not all of us can say that.  He's still logging a lot of miles on the road, but those miles may not seem so bad as his new company vehicle is on it's way!  Justin has been looking forward to this day ever since he saw the list of cars that he can choose from.  Really, he only had four options, but he found the 2010 Dodge Ram to be his new set of wheels.  Honestly, I've never seen him so excited about a car before.

Justin has also been coaching 8 year old girls Upward basketball with one our friends.  He's been loving every minute of that, however, he's also had to deal with a lot of crying!  Crying from jammed fingers, crying from falling down, and crying just because.  His team isn't too bad.  Saturday's game looked a little sketchy when the girls were down 16-2.  They even turned off the scoreboard to save the girls any embarrassment.  However, what no one in the stands could believe was that these girls came back and WON the game 22-20!  Yes...I'm serious!  Justin says it was all in the coaching.

Life with Audra
It's official!  I have finished my first grad school class!  I thought the 15-page paper might get me, but I walked out of the class with an A!  It may not seem like a big deal, but working full time, going to school, plus handling life all at the same time can be a little stressful.  (Ask Justin)  I've already started my second class, and this one seems to be a little less demanding then the first.  I just finished up my first round of homework, so that will give me a better understanding if what I am doing is enough, or if I need to do more.

What I'm really excited about at the moment is my new cell phone!  I'm not one to get real excited about new technology, but my new phone has changed everything.  I am FINALLY the proud owner of an iPhone!  Seriously, I don't know how I made it without this until now.  I've wanted one for a really....really....really long time, but had to wait until my contract ran up.  When I came home from work on Friday, Justin told me that he bought me an iPhone and then handed it over!  I was ecstatic!  (Plus, I didn't have to go to the store to do it, so that made it even better!)  Then, I was also informed that I was getting a new laptop....a Mac!  WooHoo!  Life is good.  I love my iPhone because it's that and my iPod all in one.  I no longer have to carry around both at the gym, however, I do need to invest in an armband.

Speaking of the gym, I am also in the process of becoming a certified tapless step instructor.  I'll post more about that when the certification process is over.  Then of course there's Tastefully Simple.  The new Spring-Summer line came out this week and these products look DEELISH!  I'm hosting an Open House on Sunday, so I'll actually get to try several of the new products!  I can't wait!  Otherwise, there's not much else going on with me.


Life with Zoe
Some days, I think I want to get rid of this dog!  On Saturday, I reached down to pet her and found that she was wet on her neck.  I found it strange and so I took a closer look.  What I found was that she had scratched a portion of her neck so raw that it was bleeding!  Yes, she has an open wound that is larger than the size of a quarter.  Seriously, it is just one thing after another with this dog.  So, after another $125 trip to the vet, she has bald spot on her neck (I've started calling her Patches), antibiotics, and some sort of steroid spray.  **Sigh**

Life with the Stewart's is never boring.  I'll try not to go so long in between posts next time as I know this one was rather lengthy.  Until next time.


No comments: