Still no news about the upcoming move yet. Justin is supposed to hear from our relocation company some time this week. Until we receive that phone call, we still do not know what is going on.
Good news is that we already have a realtor! Lucky for us, one of Justin's colleague's wife is a realtor and has been ever so gracious to fill out the appropriate paperwork with the relocation company to help us search in our relocation. She's already set us up with a site to view properties, and we've found a few houses that we both actually agree on as favorites. The bad news is that since we don't know when we're moving, these houses may be off the market. :-( Either way, at the time being, we are focusing our search on the Zionsville/Carmel area since it will be an easy commute for Justin. At the same time, if I end up working in downtown, it will be an easy drive for me as well.
I'll be honest, I'm amazed how much house you can get for your money there. Don't get me wrong, some houses are still UBER expensive (and WAY out of our price range), but for what is in our price range....I'm impressed. Maybe it's the just the current market, but we can't get that much for house for the same price down here.
I'll admit looking at houses has me a little excited to move back....then I see the snow in some of the pictures and remember we're moving back in time for winter. Really though, I am getting a little excited, but I know I'm going to cry when I back my car out of the driveway for the last time.
Life otherwise is not as normal as it should be. Justin is actually in Hawaii this week for his new job and will be constantly traveling over the next few weeks working both his current and new job. Poor guy is going to be exhausted. I talked to him on the phone last night and you could tell the trip to Hawaii really took it out of him. There is a 5 hour time difference, so as I'm going to bed at 11, he's just going to dinner (6:00). I'm sure he'll be struggling come this weekend when he returns.
As for me, I'm wrapping up another class. I'm trying to study for a final, but also need to make food for 30 people for a Dow customer event on Saturday. It's time to find my Wonder Woman cape because I'm going to need it!
No comments:
Post a Comment