Turns out, Trunk-or-Treating includes decorating your vehicle and getting dressed up in costume. Not only that, but we would have to buy 1,000 pieces of candy. So I started to stress...and had to get my creative juices flowing. I wanted to do something that was family friendly yet conveyed Halloween, and I came up with what I thought was a rather clever idea. And it had to be done on the cheap.
| The Pumpkin Patch |
Justin didn't think anyone would know who we were supposed to be, but turns out more people knew who we were than he thought...."It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." (Plus it may have helped that it aired just a few nights before Trunk-or-Treat.)
Justin wasn't thrilled about getting dressed up in costume, but he was a good sport about it. The event was attended by over 4500 people and we ran out of candy after an hour and a half...and that's only handing out one piece of candy to each kid...well until I told Justin he couldn't hand out handfuls anymore. Luckily, the church came to everyone's rescue and supplied each trunk with another 1000-1500 pieces of candy to get through the rest of the night.
| Charlie Brown & Lucy with the Pumpkin Patch (I felt my personality probably fit Lucy the best!) |
| We even took our own version of Snoopy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment