Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Living in the Gangsta's Paradise

On Sunday, I spent a portion of my afternoon with a former mobster.  The words "former" and "mobster" don't really sound like they should go together, since no one leaves the mob alive.  However, that is not the story for this man....Michael Franzese.  He spoke at our church on Sunday about his former life in the mob, and what an amazing testimony!  I encourage you to watch his story by visiting Traders Point Christian Church and viewing the Father's Day sermon.

After second service, our church hosted a large Father's Day event, and since I serve on the events team, I spent some time assisting Mr. Franzese with his book signing portion of the event.  His book, DVD, along with his wife's book sold out immediately!  Needless to say, by the time I showed up to help, there wasn't much to do.