Wednesday, July 18, 2012

There's More Fish in the Sea

I just got back from Monterey, California, and I am still trying to get adjusted to East Coast Time.  Sadly, I have to admit that I didn't get to spend time enjoying the area as I working the entire time I was there.  One of my associations just held their Annual Meeting there, and I have to admit, the weather took some time getting use to!  The high in Monterey - a chilly 68 degrees!  A huge wake-up call from the 100+ temperatures I had been used to in the Midwest!

However, one awesome event I was able to participate in was the group's dinner at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  I always arrive at the venue at least an hour before the guests.  While the catering staff was still setting up, I had free reign of the Aquarium!  I've been there before, so to be alone and view the exhibits all by myself in peace and quiet was an amazing opportunity.

That time was short lived though as I had to get back to work!  The guests arrived, ate, mingled and left.  From the feedback I've received so far, it was an enjoyable evening for all of our guests.