The best part is that Tennessee has a longer growing season than Indiana which means I am able to start earlier than I have in years past. The first of April seemed like a good time to start and the danger of frost was diminishing. So I took Justin to Lowe's and we picked up everything we needed! When I got home, I started getting everything ready. In fact, I even got a little sun that day. That's crazy that I got sunburned at the beginning of April! Then wouldn't you know...the weather was calling for frost! I thought I was out of the clear, but last weekend all the plants had to come inside for a couple of days! Thankfully they have been able to go out, and hopefully we've had all of the frost we are going to get!
Saturday, April 19, 2008
In Full Bloom
Now that it is spring time, I've been itching to get some flowers planted and start my container garden on the back deck. I missed out last year since we didn't know when/or if we were going to be moving. Since, we currently live in a rental, I can't go and dig up my back yard, so a container garden was the next best thing! There's nothing I love more than getting fresh lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and peppers! It must be the farm that is still in me!

The best part is that Tennessee has a longer growing season than Indiana which means I am able to start earlier than I have in years past. The first of April seemed like a good time to start and the danger of frost was diminishing. So I took Justin to Lowe's and we picked up everything we needed! When I got home, I started getting everything ready. In fact, I even got a little sun that day. That's crazy that I got sunburned at the beginning of April! Then wouldn't you know...the weather was calling for frost! I thought I was out of the clear, but last weekend all the plants had to come inside for a couple of days! Thankfully they have been able to go out, and hopefully we've had all of the frost we are going to get!
The best part is that Tennessee has a longer growing season than Indiana which means I am able to start earlier than I have in years past. The first of April seemed like a good time to start and the danger of frost was diminishing. So I took Justin to Lowe's and we picked up everything we needed! When I got home, I started getting everything ready. In fact, I even got a little sun that day. That's crazy that I got sunburned at the beginning of April! Then wouldn't you know...the weather was calling for frost! I thought I was out of the clear, but last weekend all the plants had to come inside for a couple of days! Thankfully they have been able to go out, and hopefully we've had all of the frost we are going to get!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment