Why can I never leave the dentist office without some sort of bad news? I always seem to have the worst luck when I go there! I went yesterday for my semi-annual cleaning & checkup. Everything was going so well too...the hygenist told me that I have NO cavities, my teeth look great, blah, blah, blah, and then in comes the dentist.
Here's a little background...Ever since I had my last dental work done, I've had difficulty eating on the right side of my mouth. It's mainly only hard crunchy foods that tend to give me problems. The pain has progressively lessened since, but it's still there. The first time I had it checked out they didn't see anything and told me to give it a month and see how I was doing. It could have just been some bruising. Well, I let it go for 2 months...just hoping and praying that it would go away. I'm just not that lucky!
So...yesterday, the dentist takes a closer look. He sticks that little camera in my mouth and flashes the picture on the screen in front of me. He doesn't even have to say a word. I'm no dentist, but I can cleary tell that I have two cracks running down the inside of my very far back molar. I said, "Oh, that's not good is it?" His response was, "The good news is that you don't need a root canal...just a crown." This is great...just what I was looking forward to. Did you know that crowns cost $950? Thank goodness for dental insurance! Oh-I've already requested LOTS of laughing gas!
For right now, I'm waiting to hear back from my insurance on exactly how much they will pay. Looks like I know what my next economic stimulus check will go to!
1 comment:
Ouch! Last time I went, they found cracks in 3 teeth, and one that is urgent...so let's schedule our crowns at the same time and drink milkshakes all day!
Post a Comment