I hope that this is my last trip to the dentist for awhile!
Let me tell you how my day started out. I got in my car to leave for work and the song Some Beach by Blake Shelton came on...and specifically this verse....(I'm not joking either!)
I sat in that waiting room
It seemed like all afternoon
The nurse finally said doc's ready for you
you're not gonna feel a thing we'll give you some novicane
That tooth will be fine in a minute or two
But he stuck that needle down deep in my gum
And he started drillin' before I was numb
I was really hoping that this wasn't a sign of things to come for the day. I haven't heard this song on the radio for months, and it had to come on today! My appointment wasn't until 2:30, so I had all day to think about it.
I left work at 1:30 to come home, grab a quick bite to eat, and change into comfy clothes before heading to the dentist. I immediately requested laughing gas, which was followed by two shots of novicane. Needless to say, I definitely didn't feel as tense as the last time I had dental work done. Luckily for me, my dentist makes crowns in the office, so I was able to leave today with the real thing instead of a temporary. Before I left I had two questions to ask....1st-Can I eat on it tonight? and 2nd-Do you think I'll have enough pain to call in sick to work tomorrow? My answers resulted in yes and do you want me to write you a note?
As for right now, the novicane has worn off and the pain has set in. I can barely open my mouth, and it hurts to talk. I'm a talker, so it is taking a lot to stay quiet!
No comments:
Post a Comment