Mom and Dad made their first trip of 2009 down to TN over the weekend. Dad has always wanted to see the Grand Ole Opry at the Ryman Auditorium, so for Christmas, we all pitched in and got him some tickets. So Saturday night, I was able to cross another item off of my Tennessee to-do list. Here was Saturday night's lineup:
Mike Snider
Jim Ed Brown
Jimmy C. Newman
Ashton Shepherd
Bill Anderson
The Whites
Point of Grace
Mel Tillis
Mel McDaniel
John Conlee
Opry Square Dancers
Marty Stuart
George Hamilton IV
Bobby Osborne & The Rocky Top X-Press
Connie Smith
Sunday was also Mom & Dad's 34th wedding anniversary. So, I did my research and had their anniversary announced during the Grand Ole Opry. I guess this gets them back for all those years that they told the wait staff that it was my birthday and had to sit through that restuarant's cutesy version of "Happy Birthday."
Happy Anniversray Mom & Dad!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment