Thursday, February 19, 2009

Can I Change My Mind

Here's something that some of you may or may not know about me...When I get something in my head...I do it. It doesn't matter what time of the day it is, but I am determined to accomplish the task at hand.

I've decided that after looking at my two-tone dining room for 3 months that it is just not growing on me. Maybe it's more the fact that I can't find curtains I like or ones that match to go in there. The lace ones that were left by the previous owners HAD to go. I couldn't stand them anymore.

So, Saturday night, probably a little before 9:00, I got it in my head that I was going to repaint the dining room. At least the top half of it. I swore that I was done painting, and had this not been such an easy room to repaint (not to mention I wasn't doing the whole room), I probably would have just left the room as is. I was getting ready to walk out the door and go to Lowe's to buy more paint when Justin said, "Audra, are you serious? When you get something in your head, you just can't think about anything else. Just sleep on it for the night. You can do all of this tomorrow." I took a deep sigh and said it could wait, but I was going to tape off as much of the room as I could and then go to bed to get up and be at Lowe's when the opened to buy my paint.

I ended up buying the same color that was below the chair rail to make the one just one color. I am so much happier with it now. Here are some before and after pics:

When I was painting, I got an idea for one of the walls. I asked Justin what he thought, and he said that he felt it was a little self-centered on my part! ;-)



~Audra




2 comments:

Kyle & Jill said...

good decision! i like it better this way :)

Anonymous said...

It looks really good! Just think, you could basically paint houses for money now, that's how experienced you are! :)