Seriously....when it rains it pours. And almost literally in my house. We now have three things in the house that have gone/broken this week. All I could say to Justin last night when he got home was, "Welcome Back!"
I believe I told you that the garage door was broken, so obviously we haven't been parking the cars in the garage. Thank goodness I got in the mood to hang photos last night, or we probably wouldn't have noticed our problem until this afternoon. I went out to the garage to grab the hammer to hang my photos. As I walked out, I saw a fairly large puddle of water on the floor. I instantly thought, "This can't be good." I peeked around the corner to notice that water was leaking out of the bottom of the water heater. Let me just tell you that neither I nor Justin know anything about water heaters...especially gas water heaters. At this point, there really didn't seem to be any rush in telling Justin since it was always leaking.
I went inside and told Justin that there was some more bad news. It appears that the water heater is now third on our list of items needing repaired. So we ended up calling our home warranty service. Thank goodness they are available 24 hours! The bad news was that they couldn't send someone that night. What was even worse was the realization that I had to take a cold shower in the morning. Ugh!
Thank goodness that Justin is home to deal with everyone coming out to the house to do repairs. With me having an event today, there was just no way I could stay at home. The good news is that the garage door is now fixed (YEAH!!!) and the plumber is at the house looking at the water heater. Honestly, I'm hoping that the warranty service will just give us a new one. I have a feeling that the one we have now was at the house when they built it. I REALLY REALLY hope that they will fix the problem today. Unfortunately, I have an event tomorrow morning, and there is NO WAY that I can take another cold shower! It looks like I may be taking a shower at the Y in the morning before work.
No comments:
Post a Comment