Friday night I participated in my first Relay For Life. I've never done it before, but after participating, I'm so glad that I was a part of it. This could possibly be one of the most touching moments I've ever seen.
The event was set up with different booths, a stage that was always filled with performers, and of course, a place to walk laps. I headed down early to grab a bite to eat before all of the ceremonies began. I even tried an Oreo Beignet (basically a deep-fried Oreo). It was pretty good!
The ceremony began with a cancer survivor telling his story. It was so touching. Then the opening lap began with the Survivor Lap, followed by the Survivor/Caretaker Lap. I watched two of my neighbors/friends (pictured center and right below) walk the Survivor Lap, and I was so happy for them!!
This experience was moving. I have to admit that I got a little choked up and had to wipe my eyes when I saw everyone walking the survivor lap.
Anyways, many of you know that I lost a grandma and an uncle to this dreaded disease, and this is why I chose to participate. I didn't stay all night, but I did put in some laps in memory of the family members we have lost. I want to help so that they can find a cure because I don't want others to have to watch their loved ones suffer. So a HUGE THANK YOU to those of you who supported me financially. Let's hope and pray that they can find a cure soon!
In Loving Memory


No comments:
Post a Comment