After months of searching, I have finally found a new job! Things at Vanderbilt have been changing quickly ever since the new chancellor and vice chancellor have taken over. I've seen several people lose their jobs with no notice. As for the department that I am a part of, we don't have near the amount of events that we used to, and the ones that we do still have are no where near the quality of what they used to be. So, with all of that going on, I've been trying to be proactive in finding in a new position.
On Tuesday, I was offered a position with the Tennessee School Board Association for their Meeting and Planning Assistant. I will actually be my own department. I'm very excited about this opportunity as it will bring me more responsibility and new challenges. I'm also excited that this job is a little closer to home, and I won't have to fight near the amount of rush hour traffic that I have to trying to get to Vanderbilt. In fact, I don't even have to come downtown anymore! Finding a job closer to home, is something that I've wanted for quite some time. I can't wait to actually get some of my life back instead of wasting it just sitting in the car traveling at 7.2 mph.
However, while being excited about this new opportunity, it has also brought about some disappointment. You may have noticed that my vacation ticker has disappeared from the top of my blog. Because of my future work commitments, we have had to postpone our vacation to St. Thomas. I have to tell you that I am absolutely DEVASTATED about this. I know that we will go, and I am in the process of working with my new employer to find a time that would alright for me to be away from the office. Meanwhile, I can't hide that I am extremely bummed out about this. When you've had it planned for a year, and booked for almost 6 months, and been looking so forward to it, you can't help but be a little upset. It will all work out, just not in the time that I had hoped for it to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment