I'm sure many of you are familiar with who sings the lyrics in today's blog title. If not, these lyrics are sung by Martina McBride in her hit, My Valentine. However, what you may not be aware of is who she teamed up with on this song....Jim Brickman.
Here is a little background information about him:
Jim Brickman (born 1961) is an American songwriter and pianist. He has been named the most charted male Adult Contemporary artist to date,[1] with six of his albums receiving Gold and Platinum status. He is known for his solo piano compositions, pop-style instrumentals, and vocal collaborations with artists such as Michael W. Smith, Martina McBride, Donny Osmond, Olivia Newton-John, Lady Antebellum, and others.[2] He earned a Grammy nomination in 2003, SESAC "Songwriter of the Year" award, Canadian Country Music Award for "Best Vocal/ Instrumental Collaboration", and a Dove Award presented by the Gospel Music Association. His CD entitled Faith has been nominated for a 2010 Grammy Award for Best New Age Album.[3] (Wikipedia)
Anyways, I am a big fan of his. When I found out that he was going to be playing with the Nashville Symphony, I told Justin that we had to go. The symphony definitely isn't our typical kind of event that we do, but we try to take in all the sights and sounds of Nashville. In the end, we really enjoyed it. The Schermerhorn Symphony Center where they play is one of most spectacular facilities I've ever seen. The inside is absolutely gorgeous, and it has some of the best acoustics around. I've been there for several events we had at Vanderbilt, but never had the opportunity to be there for a concert.
It was a nice relaxing evening despite the dreary weather. If you get a chance, make sure to check out Jim Brickman's website (click here). I think you'll recognize several of his songs.



No comments:
Post a Comment