This weekend was a down week with homework. Or, I should say it was all individual work and no group work this week (Thank goodness!) I decided to get all of my work done early so I could enjoy the weekend. Originally, I had plans to hang out with a friend all weekend, but due to a death in her family, we had to cancel our plans.
On Friday, Justin and I headed downtown to Victory Field to catch an Indians game. I'll be honest, I'm not really a baseball fan so I found myself quite bored with the game. It didn't help that people wouldn't sit down during the game so I couldn't see either. Gosh, that makes me sound really old doesn't it? We ended up leaving the game early, skipping fireworks and coming home before it got dark.
One of the things I love about summer is Farmer's Market! I love learning about local businesses and also having the chance to support them. We started off Saturday morning at the Zionsville Farmer's Market where we picked up another pie (Sugar Cream - A Hoosier favorite) and dog treats for Zoe. Then, since we still had time, we made our way to Carmel to catch their Farmer's Market. Carmel's Market is about twice the size of Zionsville, and has a nice variety of vendors. We scored some fantastic strawberry smoothies to help beat the heat while we walked around, picked up some honey from a local farm as well as their Gourmet Cinnamon Spun Honey (deelish by the way!) and also walked away with some amaretto fudge and mint chocolate fudge. You couldn't tell I had a sweet tooth could you?
We ran some miscellaneous errands, and I decided with my down time, I could probably squeeze in some painting. There are days when I feel like Lowe's could be my second home! I've been staring at this Valspar Notre Dame (a gray color) paint chip for quite some time for our half bathroom downstairs. After grabbing a sample and painting a swatch on the wall, I determined it was time to tape off the room because I found my color. I've also learned that I've become a pro at hanging new bathroom hardware!
With grad school quickly coming to an end, I think Justin is getting worried. If I had time to paint during a weekend with a little bit of homework, imagine the projects I can come up with and do when there is NO homework!
No comments:
Post a Comment