Saturday, July 23, 2011

I'll Be Kind of Busy

I am trying to figure out when life became so busy!  I do not feel like I have more to do than every body else, in fact, I think I have far less than most people have on their plates.  However, when and how did we all manage to fill up our schedules?  I have a friend who lives 7 minutes away from me, and it takes us weeks to schedule a time to get together.

July has been an interesting month for Justin and I as we have constantly been on the road for work.  I spent the first week of the month in Baltimore, MD with one of the associations I work with.  Then the day I flew back, Justin flew out to San Francisco.  He had a great opportunity to spend time in one of their plants with the individuals who make the products he manages.  He also went the extra mile and treated the workers to some San Francisco chocolate made in a factory that uses the products they produce.  Meanwhile, no sooner did he get home, than he turned around and jumped on a plane and headed back to San Francisco and then over to Phoenix.  He'll be home soon, but then he has to make one more trip to California, and I have a trip to make to Idaho.  We are really racking up the airline miles!

Besides traveling, we haven't been up to much of anything else.  We spent the 4th of July weekend here at home with some friends from Nashville who were in town.  Then, last weekend, we spent an evening at the Indianapolis Museum of Art watching a movie with a good friend of mine from high school and his wife.  We realized how old we were when we learned the movie was made in 1994 and that we were in middle school at the time.

Otherwise, we've just been trying to survive this ridiculous heat wave.  I love the warmer temperatures, but Justin could do without them.  I hope you are staying cool wherever you are!

No comments: