Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I even managed to squeeze in a couple of hours at the Resort's Infinity Pool...not bad huh?
However, while I was at the pool, I was taking in the beauty of the water and the mountains and started to think about truly blessed Justin and I are. So I have to ask, have you recently taken the time to stop and think about how truly blessed your life is?
I think all too often we get caught up in the hectic ways of everyday life and concentrate too hard on the things that are not going right. Why is it always so much easier to focus on the negative things in our life? A few weeks ago, the sermon at church stressed how we should remember that things could be worse, and it really struck a chord with Justin and I. So, while I was at the pool, I began to think about all of the many blessings in our life, and below I've listed just a few:
- We have a beautiful house to call home.
- We both have jobs that are secure in an ever-changing economy
- I recently received a promotion at work
- We don't have to worry about how we are going to pay the next bill
- We have the love and support from family and friends
- We've had the opportunity and were able to obtain advanced degrees
- Unconditional love from Zoe (you knew I couldn't leave her out, right?)
I encourage you to take a few moments to think about all of the good things in your life and count them as blessings. No matter how hard life may seem, or whatever troubles you may be facing, just remember that things could be worse. Life is a journey and sometimes the road is bumpy.
A long time ago, I heard the below quote from Conan O'Brien, and it really stuck with me. It seems to go well with my post tonight, so I'll end with it:
"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
No comments:
Post a Comment