Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Got a Hotel Room

As an appreciation for all our hard work, my employer is putting us up in the JW Marriott downtown this weekend complete with a spa treatment.  I'm pretty darn excited about too!  I must say, I've never worked for an employer who treats their employees like this, and it's nice for a change.



Some of you know, my previous work experience in Tennessee was a bit of a nightmare.  I'll spare all of the details, but let's just say it didn't end on a positive note.  I've always considered myself to be a good employee, but my last job really made me doubt myself and my abilities.  

However, at my current job, we've all been doing more than our average workload lately.  In July, one of the associations I work on, had their annual meeting planned.  A week and a half before the meeting, the meeting manager walked out...quit...no explanation.  We were all stunned!  So, we were left trying to put all of the pieces together.  On top of it all, she was one month out from another association's annual meeting, that once again, we had to piece together to pull off.  Hence, why I made a trip to Idaho.

In the end, it all worked out.  You may have seen in my last post that I recently received a promotion at work.  I'm not here to boast about that, but rather to show that hard work does pay off and that there are good employers out there who recognize that.  I know several of my friends are struggling in their current work environments, not feeling appreciated, and others who are currently looking for employment.  My words of encouragement are to hang in there, believe in yourself, and know that there better things waiting down the road for you.

No comments: