I'm sure you've heard the story about the Navy Seals that were shot down in Afghanistan. Well today, in my Facebook feed, I learned about one of the funerals of a Seal. This solider's dog walked up to the casket and laid down during his funeral, and I can't even begin to tell you how much this video moved me.
You always hear people say that dogs don't understand. However, I think this video proves them wrong. For those of us who are dog lovers, we get it. Others...well sadly they don't. Dogs are so much more than companions. They assist those individuals who have special needs, sniff out drugs and bombs, and rescue humans from a variety of situations. It's no wonder why they truly are man's best friend.
If you have a dog in your life, make sure to give them a special hug and scratch behind the ears today and let them know how much they are appreciated. Zoe has kept me company on numerous evenings, kept watch over the house, made me smile when I was sad, and scared away many unwanted visitors to the front door.
But, for our military, I would like to say THANK YOU for your selfless sacrifice! May God bless you, your families, and your pets.
No comments:
Post a Comment