Thursday, September 22, 2011

How About a Little Test

If my blog title has you thinking I'm going back to school, you can quickly forget that thought!  However, I will be doing a little studying in the future as I am happy to announce that I have recently been approved to take the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) exam.

What exactly does this mean?  It means if I pass the exam, I will have the CMP credentials following my name, much similar to an accountant having CPA following their name or a physician having MD.  This is just the meeting planning industry's credentials.  The CMP program recognizes individuals who have achieved the industry's highest standard of professionalism.

I applied for acceptance into the program probably 4-5 months ago and have been waiting all of this time to find out whether or not I was accepted, and my confidential results arrived from via email from the Convention Industry Council today.  Now it's time to find a date to take the exam, purchase study materials, and begin studying.  

It's time to hit the books again...keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments: