Sunday, September 4, 2011

We've Always Been the Best of Friends

I almost forgot to blog about it, but....

ZOE is 8!

(Picture taken by Elizabeth Estes Photography)

She unfortunately had to spend part of the day in her comfy cone as her allergies have hit her pretty hard and she has already started to lick her paws raw.  It makes sense...we always had problems in September in TN, and since it gets colder up here quicker, the weeds have a shorter cycle.  So, we're basically still on schedule.

We picked her up a new toy...a gecko with squeakers that if punctured, will still continue to squeak along with some homemade treats.

Justin and I talked about when she was diagnosed with Addison's, and I remember him saying, "We'll be lucky if she makes it to 8."  And here we are...6 years later and she's 8.  In fact, I think she is filled with more energy than she has ever had.  She's our cheap entertainment, and even though she sheds like crazy...we wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: