Thursday, October 13, 2011

In a Wedding Gown

Jess has been my friend since I was in the third grade.  We grew up going to church together and spent countless Sunday afternoons being creative, baking, and doing whatever else it was did.  We even had our own club.  We were the only members, and we even had our own theme song...we were pretty serious.

We remained friends through high school and college, and get together whenever we can, which unfortunately isn't very often.  So, when Jess called me over a year ago to tell me she was engaged and was getting married on Kelly's Island in Ohio, I knew I would be there.

A couple of weekend ago, Justin and I loaded up the truck and headed to Ohio.  Now remember, getting Justin to travel to Ohio always takes some encouraging since he isn't a fan of the state.  However, he was a trooper.  It was about a 6 hour trip for us from Indy, but it was a nice chance to get away for the weekend.

We met Mom, Dad, Mandy, Brian & Kiersten up there along with several other people I grew up in church with who have become another family to us.  It was great to get to spend that time with people we haven't seen in awhile.  We even learned that Kiersten, my niece, can bust some moves. :-)

To Jess (& Andy too) - Congratulations!  I am so happy for the two of you and wish you nothing but many many years of life long happiness!  I am honored that I was able to come and celebrate your special day with you.  P.S. Thanks for making it easy on me to remember your wedding anniversary. **wink wink**




Have no fear....Justin did not drive his Tundra into Lake Erie.  The truck was on the ferry over to the island, but how many times do you see this on your GPS?


The beautiful bride walking down the aisle with her dad.



Mr. & Mrs. Howley


Love the smiles on their faces!



Spending some time with my niece


Kiersten busts a move!

No comments: