Saratoga is a quaint little town. In fact, it reminds me quite a bit of Zionsville....a cute little downtown village area filled with shops. There wasn't much to do while we were there, so after the busy day we had in San Francisco the day before, it was nice to be able to relax for a bit. We made our way up and down the street looking at the shops, but ended up visiting a coffee shop for some free Wi-fi since our hotel's was lacking. Gelato seems to be pretty big out in Cali, so I decided to have a cup while I was checking my email. I've always been intrigued by unusual food combinations, so I decided to try a cup of their carmel and balsamic gelato. Oh. My. Goodness. It was fantastic! Justin wasn't as impressed as I was, but he is pretty content with plain vanilla (unless there is some Blue Bell Banana Pudding Ice Cream around).
In the evening, we made our way up to Mountain Winery. This winery is located on the top of a mountain with absolutely breathtaking views of the valley below. While Justin thought the weather was a little on the warmer side, I on the other hand, found it to be fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment