The next leg of our California trip included stops in Monterey and Carmel. Currently, I'm planning a meeting for one of my associations in Monterey next July, so it worked out well this was one of our stops as it allowed me to stop in at my locations to meet my contacts and see the meeting space I have to work with.
After my breakfast meeting at the hotel, Justin and I walked down to the Monterey Bay Aquarium for my next meeting. Afterwards, my contact told us to stay and enjoy the aquarium which turned out to be a nice $60 savings! I loved watching the otters! They were so stinkin' cute! Especially the one that kept patting the other one's head.
When we left the Aquarium, we made our way down Cannery Row to check out everything that was there.
I don't think we have ever crammed so much stuff into one vacation before. So, after a quick cat nap at the hotel, and nice visit with the pilot of the Colts (what are the odds), we made our way to check out 17 Mile Drive.
A trip to Carmel for a little shopping just happened to be at the end of 17 Mile Drive. Either this a popular stop at the end of the drive, or there was something going on in town because it was packed. As we walked up and down the sidewalks lined with shops, Justin told me if there were any I wanted to stop in let him know. I mentioned there was a Tiffany's, and he quickly shot that idea down. What he hadn't bargained for was Lush.
If you haven't been to a Lush before (for all my Indiana peeps there is one inside of Macy's at Glenbrook - the only one in the state of Indiana) you need to check it out. I'll admit, their prices are a little salty, but I can't wait to use what I bought.
We decided to head back to Monterey for dinner, and I'm so glad we did. After a quick chat with the hotel concierge, we made our way down to Fisherman's Wharf. If you ever make it to Monterey, make sure to stop in at Cafe Fina for their Caprese Salad....fresh homegrown Heirloom Tomatoes, topped with homemade mozzarella, and drizzled in Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. So phenominally good, even Justin loved it...and that is impressive in itself.
I feel as though I ate my way around California, but we had a great vacation. This was a perfect (much needed) little get away for the both of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment