Friday, December 16, 2011

On a Westbound Plane

Thanksgiving morning, Justin and I headed to the airport to catch our flight to Las Vegas.  Let me just say that Thanksgiving Day is a great day to fly...the airport wasn't busy at all!  However, our flight to Las Vegas was full...apparently everyone else had the same idea of spending an extended weekend in Sin City.  

My plan was to get a good nap on the flight west, and I was doing pretty well with that until the girl in front of me got up to get something out of the overhead bin and SLAMMED it shut!  I'm not one who gets jumpy/nervous on a plane when in turbulence, but let me tell you, this scared me to death!  I didn't know what was going on.

We finally landed in sunny and warm Las Vegas....with everyone else.  LAS was busy!  It took us forever to get on the shuttle that took you over to the rental car location.  Once we got there, we found out that our rental car had been given away...nice, huh?  Luckily, for Justin's preferred service status, they were able to give us another car pretty quickly, otherwise, I don't know if we would have gotten one.  We ended up with a brand new silver Chevy Camaro since that was all they had left.

Our next quest was to find dinner...and not a fast food dinner!  Imagine how difficult it is to find a nice place open on Thanksgiving Day.  Luckily, we stumbled upon a Mimi's Cafe (which I love) but everyone else was apparently eating their Thanksgiving Dinner there as well.

We didn't hit up the strip the first night because we stayed outside of town as we were planning to drive south to the Grand Canyon the next day.  Despite the few hassles and crowds, our vacation was off to a great and relaxing start.

No comments: