The lab kept me updated with how everything was fertilizing, and I was
informed that of the 11 ICSI, only 9 fertilized and of the 3 natural, only 1
fertilized. Now, we just had to have
hope that some of these would make it to the blastocyst stage, which is what
would be transferred back. On the day of
the transfer, 1 of the 9 fertilized ICSI and the 1 natural were to blastocyst
stage and able to transfer. All of the
others broke down and we were not able to freeze them.
On transfer day, they transferred two blastocysts (one blastocyst and
one early blastocyst). I was awake for
the procedure which only lasted about 5 minutes. I was given a Valium prior to the procedure,
but I really don’t think it did anything for me. Afterwards, I had to be on bed rest for 2
days. Justin even took two days off from
work to babysit me because he knew how hard it would be for me to stay down and
do nothing.
Besides our wedding day, I don’t think either of us have ever been this happy. I went back two days later for another test for verification, and while my Hcg numbers had increased, my results were not where the doctor wanted them to be. I went back two days later again to repeat the test and learned that my HCG number had skyrocketed. We were beyond thrilled at this point because signs indicated that we were pregnant. However, we had to remain cautiously optimistic for another two weeks until our ultrasound.
No comments:
Post a Comment