After remaining cautiously optimistic, we went back to the doctor for an ultrasound. Thankfully they didn't take my blood pressure that day, because I'm sure it would have been sky high! When the ultrasound picture came up on the screen, we were very excited to see a black filled sac. Now granted, neither Justin nor I are doctors, so we weren't for sure what we were looking for. However, knowing that the black filled sacs were a good sign during the medication monitoring process, we could only assume this was a good sign as well. Then, we saw the baby! You cannot even begin to imagine the excitement we felt at this point. Sure, finding out your pregnant is always exciting (well - for most people), but imagine a couple who has been on our journey! Our RE informed us that the baby was growing just as it was supposed to and the heartbeat was strong at 125 bpm. Justin and I were smiling from ear to ear.
Two weeks later, we went back for another ultrasound. This time, the baby looked more like a baby in the ultrasound and had another strong heartbeat of 179 bpm. Our RE was really pleased and decided to release us to my OB-GYN.
So there you have it...our journey through infertility. Life has definitely thrown us some curves, but I can't tell you how much we've learned and I know we are better people because of it.
As of today, I'm 18 weeks pregnant and have had two appointments with my OB-GYN where they have continued to find the baby's heartbeat quickly, and informed us that all of my test results have come back within the levels they would want them to be. We will find out in a couple of weeks if Baby Stewart is a boy or a girl - so stay tuned. We will be sharing that information, but will not be sharing the names we have picked out (so don't even ask - lol!).
We are so incredibly blessed, and I thank God everyday for this little miracle that He has given to us.
For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted my petition made to Him.
-1 Samuel 1:27
No comments:
Post a Comment