Again, I played Nashville tour guide and showed them some of the sights and sounds of Nashville. We took them out to Opryland which I think is a must see while you're here. I think taking people to Opryland is one of my favorite places to visit. It is such a unique experience that you don't see everyday. Where else (besides Vegas) can you see a boat floating through the middle of a hotel? Sure, Opryland doesn't change much, but to see everything that they have under one roof is just indescribable!
On Saturday, we dropped them off at the Country Music Hall of Fame. Don't get me wrong...I love country music...but you can only see those exhibits so many times, and they don't change out that often. So while they were checking out country music history, I made Justin go to the Mall at Green Hills with me! Let me just tell you, he was thrilled! BUT...it was tax-free weekend on clothing! Who can pass that up? Plus, I needed some new tennis shoes! I think I rebounded well though for dragging him along because our next stop was Ben & Jerry's! We went back and picked up Jill and Kyle and then walked up and down 2nd Avenue and Music Row. It was HOT! I'm sure it was around 100 degrees that day! We decided to grab some lunch which consisted of Hot Chicken! Yes...I took them down to the hood to experience this culinary delight! Justin's exact words to me as he was driving us there to pick it up were, "Audra, I can't believe you and the girls you work with come here by yourselves." We took it back home to sit in the a/c. By this time we were all so full! So we went and saw The Dark Knight and then hit up some mini golf! And while my game truly sucked...I did get a hole-in-one! We also raced a lot of Mario Kart this weekend. Jill- you made me a little nervous to say the least! I've never seen anyone get THAT into the game before...poor Zoe had no idea what was going on. The weekend was a blast! It's so good to see old friends again! I miss you guys!

Our friend Clay is rolling into town tonight as well on his way to Knoxville. So it's been a busy week with out-of-town guests...but I wouldn't trade it for anything!
Otherwise our life is still busy busy busy! Justin has been on the road for about 4 weeks straight with #5 coming next week. However, I've managed to steal some of his time to take him to the Opry on this Saturday night to see Carrie Underwood and many others. This should be good since he still hasn't turned into a country music fan yet!
Oh...and we're starting to look for a house...We just realized that our lease is almost up and we have no current plans about where we're going to live next. We know we're going to stay in Hendersonville, but that's about it! So keep your fingers crossed that we can find a house that we can BOTH agree on...this could get interesting!
1 comment:
Yah, I get pretty carried away sometimes....you should see me play board games!!! :) Miss you already!! :(
Post a Comment