Saturday, October 18, 2008

I Don't Care How Long It Takes

2 1/2 hours......

I don't usually wait this long to do anything! And no, it wasn't waiting in line to get gas (thank goodness those days are gone!) Justin and I waited this long to VOTE! Yes...2 1/2 hours standing in a line this morning to vote...and it isn't even Election Day yet! CrAzY!!!

We recently learned that the state of Tennessee opens up locations to allow citizens to vote early instead of waiting to vote on the big day. They do it to make it more convenient for everyone. Not a bad idea in my opinion. We thought, "Why not?" Justin is out of town on Election Day, and I knew that by the time I got home from work to vote the line would be ridiculously long. So, off we went to the location in Hendersonville. This was the first time for Justin to vote at the polls and my second. Most of the time, we have always voted absentee ballots. I felt empowerd after I pushed my little buttons! The last time I went to the polls they gave me the card that I had to slide into the machine and then poke the chads out!

So there you have it! I have now done my duty as an American citizen! I've cast my ballot! I hope you're proud Aunt Barb!

No comments: