I guess you could say that Justin and I have officially entered the adult life. At the end of this month, we will have been married for 6 years, and we just now FINALLY bought furniture. We are the proud new owners of dining room and bedroom furniture.
Picking out furniture with Justin is no easy task. We each have ideas of what we want and they are usually very different from each other. However, picking out the bedroom furniture went pretty easy, and here is what we ended up with:
(No, this is not my bedroom. Taking my own picture would require me to make my bed, so you're getting the catalog image of our furniture.)
As for the dining room furniture, this has been quite the task finding what I wanted. Back in June of 2009, I blogged about looking for dining room furniture (see...this has been a long project!). I found a set at Pottery Barn that I absolutely LOVED, but I didn't love the Pottery Barn price. After hours and hours of searching, I finally found what I was looking for....a square table and NOT pub height. All I had to do was convince Justin. He liked it, but we couldn't agree on the style of legs on the table, which backs of chairs to go with, and the finish. I should have known better than to pick a table line that had so many options! In the end, after compromising from both sides, we agreed on our dining room furniture.
I know....it isn't square in the picture. Trust me...it expands to a square with the leaf in...we've checked it out! No, we haven't used it yet and I'm just waiting to see how long it takes until I hear, "Why did we buy it if we're not going to use it." Now, I'm searching for the tablecloth to cover it! I know square tablecloths are out there....I've used them at events. Stores just don't seem to stock them. I've found some, I just need to order them.
I've already started thinking about new living room furniture, but that will have to wait for now. Who knows, I better start tossing out ideas now, because it could take another year before Justin and I agree! ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment