Monday, September 27, 2010

Roses on our Anniversary

Where has the time gone?  I can't believe that Justin and I have been married for 6 years!  I guess that's good it doesn't seem like it's been that long. ;-)  Everyone has asked me if we did anything special for our anniversary, and I have to say that we did not.  In fact, I ended up with a migraine Friday night that put a damper on the small plans we did have on Saturday (aka...breakfast at Pancake Pantry....going to the shooting range....I know...romantic, huh?).  First off, I had been migraine free for almost two years, so to have one was a bummer.  I went to bed at 9:30 Friday night and didn't get up until 9:30 Saturday morning!  Justin's been on spousal care duty a lot lately...first I was sick...then I had the corneal infection...then the migraine.  He's been a trooper and a great caregiver lately!  So, we stayed around the house....I did some cleaning, Justin played some video games....do we know how to live it up or what?!

However, on Friday, I was able to talk Justin in to bringing me lunch at work....Cafe Rakka...one of our faves!  (Watch for them on Food Network-Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on Monday, October 4th!)  Then, when I came home from work, he surprised me with flowers!  Nice, huh?



We did go out for dinner Saturday night at The Chop House, another one of our favorite places.  Then, one of our friends was so sweet and made us a little anniversary cake.

All in all, Saturday was a nice relaxing day....just what I needed (especially after a migraine!).  I forgot about school and my upcoming midterm for a day, and just enjoyed a day with no plans for a change.

I looked back at my anniversary blog from last year, and saw that I wrote about all of the things that Justin and I had done during those first five years of marriage.  Well, I thought about it, and realized that we've added some more items to our list, and I thought I would share them:
  • We attended the Colts/Titans game in Nashville (and in a suite)
  • We went to a Colts game at Lucas Oil Stadium (again in a suite) and ran into several of the Indianapolis players at our hotel
  • For the first time in both of our lives, we watched an entire Indianapolis 500 race...live...and in person!
  • We attended the Symphony...something I never would have imagined us doing
  • Justin turned the big 3-0!
  • We lived through and experienced one of the worst natural disasters....the Nashville flood.
  • And lastly, we are official season ticket holders in the NHL with the Nashville Predators
We have been so incredibly blessed in our lives and feel so fortunate to have had so many of these opportunities.  When I mentioned on my facebook status that we were celebrating our anniversary, a friend from high school mentioned that her grandparents-in-law were celebrating their 63rd anniversary the same day.  I know we both look forward to many more years of happiness and the opportunities that lie ahead.

1 comment:

Jessica Shumway said...

Congrats guys!! You are so cute together, we miss you!