Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Something We Create

Pinterest may be my new love.  Which is funny because I told myself I wasn't going to sign up for an  account.  I didn't need one more thing to check at night and waste my evenings.  Then, I had a co-worker bring it up one day over lunch, and I thought, I'll check it out.  And there it was...I was hooked.  Two seconds after posting on facebook that I needed an invite, I had my own account.  Remember how you wonder what you did before you had the Internet?  Well, now I wonder what I did before Pinterest.  Here are some of my latest projects.

Cardboard Letters from Hobby Lobby for $2.47/letter + a can of white spray paint from Lowe's turned into some decor for the laundry room:




Then with my 40% off coupon from Michael's, these $10.69/piece hurricane vases + a can of primer spray paint + a can of chocolate brown spray paint + styrofoam discs +  fabric turned into hurricane vases with a base for the living room.  Now all I need is pillar candles and some filler material to go around the candle.  (I'm envisioning moss for spring, corn kernels for fall, and cranberries for winter.)



These are just my first two projects...there's more DIY projects on my "New Project" board and lots of recipes to try on my "Must try...looks deelish" board.  But for now, I must get back to wasting my evening to see what else I can find to fill my spare time with.

No comments: