Sunday, February 12, 2012

Watchin' All This Football

I'm not sure what it is about large events that I'm drawn to.  Maybe it's because I plan events and meetings for a living, so I'm always interested in seeing how events, especially large ones, are orchestrated.  So, with the Super Bowl in town, I just had to get there to see it in person.  After all, how often does this event end up in your backyard?

I took a vacation day from work, and made Justin take one as well, so we could spend the day downtown checking out all of the Super Bowl festivities that Indianapolis had to offer.  Now, please remember, that Justin hates large crowds.  In fact, he told me he would have been fine not going downtown to check everything out.  However, he was a good sport, and once again, supported my habit of having to be a part of large events.

We ended up taking one of the free shuttles downtown so we wouldn't have to worry about finding a place to park and paying an astronomical parking rate.  Sure, we may have been a little inconvenienced by being on someone else's schedule, but just ride with Justin in downtown Indy on a busy night, and you'll understand why I thought this was a good idea.

Roman Numerals down on the Circle

Down on Monument Circle with everyone else.



View of the Capitol Building from Monument Circle

Up close and personal with the XLVI

It's touch to see your team's rival in your city - Go Giants!

So many people in Super Bowl Village

What else would Indy have but NFL themed Indy Cars

Yes - the line was ridiculously long, but why not?

Super Bowl XLVI decor on the JW
As you already know from the media coverage, Indianapolis did a fantastic job hosting this mega event.  Hoosier hospitality was definitely at it's best.  I, along with every other Hoosier, am proud to call this place home.

No comments: