Monday, April 27, 2009

My Own Front Yard

What a gorgeous weekend we had! The weather was absolutely perfect!!! I was lovin' all of the sunshine and 80'+ weather. And what better of a weekend to finish our landscaping! Alright...so it isn't completely done, but we're pretty darn close. Mulch is the last thing we need to go in!


Saturday, we went and got the remaining top soil that we needed for the beds. I've been itching to get the iris plants out that I was given. They're not in the best of shape now...they're lacking some nutrients. I've been told that they are hardy and should bounce back. I also need to get the hostas and bushes replanted that we tore out when this whole project started!

The retaining wall is completely finished!! The plants are back in and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will survive from being out of the ground for so long!

The tree in the corner is Justin's baby! That's his Japanese Maple that he just HAD to have. Thank goodness his booth at the last trade show was beside a Japanese Maple grower who gave him one heck of a deal! These things are expensive!

This spot of the yard has always been an eyesore to me. I'm trying to spruce it up a little! I'm not a big fans of bird baths, but this was left at the house when the previous owners moved out. This seemed like a good place to put it. I've already got irises and day lilies planted. I planted some more day lily bulbs and gladiola bulbs and am keeping my fingers crossed that they come up in a few weeks!

The azalea bushes are in full bloom in the back of the house! I originally thought we would rip these out, but after seeing them in bloom they are definitely going to stay! Next summer we'll work on the landscape back here.

I also planted flowers in my pots this weekend. I love impatiens, but have never had a good spot to put them. Since the back deck has a canopy over it, these will get plenty of their much needed shade!

All of my other pots are planted in the front of the house. I decided not to bore you too much with those! I just love this time of year! I always get so antsy to get flower out because I just love how they look! They bring such a simple beauty to your home.

No comments: