There isn't a whole lot going on down here right now other than the weather. Storms seem to be all I post about anymore. I hope that the rest of spring and summer don't continue like this. Many of you check in with us when you hear on the news that Tennessee was hit with severe storms and tornadoes, which has been frequently, and we truly appreciate all of your thoughtfullness. Again...we are safe.
Middle Tennessee just can't seem to catch a break. We had another tornado touch down today 35 miles southeast of Nashville in a town called Murfreesboro. This is the second touch down in two weeks!
Justin is on his way home from Jackson, Mississippi and has completely missed the storms that rolled through. I only had to work a half day today due to an abundance of work hours. Luckily, I was able to get out of Nashville before the storm hit. I was able to ride this one out in the house instead of my car like last week. My neighbors even checked in on me to make sure I was OK. The storms that hit Sumner County were much calmer than other parts of the state. I heard on the news that some areas had winds up to 80mph, and I even watched a tornado form and cross I-24 from the traffic cam on the news.
One of the things that I find most frustrating down here is their watch/warning system. In Indiana, tornado warnings weren't called until cloud rotation/funnel clouds/actual tornadoes were spotted. Here, they call a tornado warning whenever they feel a storm is capable of producing tornadoes. I mean, I'd rather be safe than sorry, but talk about causing panic in the minds of people. Seriously, I'm already petrified of storms the way it is....hearing WARNING just freaks me out even more!
No comments:
Post a Comment