Monday, May 18, 2009

On a Midwest Run

Friday morning I flew out for Columbus, Ohio to visit my friend, and college roommate, Mary. It was time for girls' weekend! Thank goodness for Southwest Airlines and their Wanna Get Away Flights!

I had to drive myself to the airport since Justin was already out of town, and wouldn't you know there was an accident. There was no way I could have known because it literally had just happened. In fact, by the time I was getting ready to get on the exit ramp, the cops were just showing up. Lucky for me, I was able to backtrack on the country roads and still be on my way AND make it to the airport in time for my flight!

I decided to check my luggage since I had a direct flight. Not to mention, that whoever thought a female could fit all of her liquid, gel & aerosol items in 1 quart bag (even in 3 oz. containers or less) is just stupid....hence another reason why I needed to check my luggage.

I'm pretty sure the TSA security guard I had in Nashville loved her job. She wasn't friendly by any means and definitely had that I-have-better-things-to-do attitude. I kept setting off the detector every time I walked through it and she kept trying to tell me that I had left my cell phone in my pocket. In return, I kept trying to tell her that I had left my cell phone in the bucket and that she could check it out if she didn't believe me. So instead of just running a wand over me, she kept making me walk forwards and even backwards through the detector. Ridiculous! Come to find out, it was my belt. Once I took that off and placed it in a bucket to be scanned, I was FINALLY good to go.

The weekend was great! Mary and I just took it easy, ate LOTS of food, watched a couple of movies (Bride Wars and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past) and even hit up a little shopping! It was just the kind of weekend I needed!! So KUDOS to Mary for being a fabulous host and an AMAZING friend!!

If you are ever in the Columbus area, I have to recommend this little ice cream shop. It's called Jeni's and they have the most unique flavors of ice cream I have ever seen! Their signature flavor is called Salty Caramel and it is delish! I couldn't narrow it down on the flavors so I had to get a scoop of three different ice creams. I went with the Salty Caramel, Bourbon Butter Pecan and Creme Fraiche. Yum!!

Unfortunately, the weekend ended too soon and I had to fly back home to Nashville. I took the last direct flight out of Columbus and was back at the house by 8:00 CST. While I was sad to see the weekend come to an end, coming home to Zoe being so excited to see me made the weekend complete!

I know...I left Justin out. Funny enough, he left town on Thursday and then I left on Friday morning. He came home Friday night and then had to hit the road again on Sunday before I came home. Maybe one of these days we'll get to see each other again.

No comments: