Monday, May 4, 2009

Take Me To A Movie

With Justin traveling so much lately, we haven't been able to spend much time together. So on Saturday, we went out for an afternoon date. Why afternoon? The movie we wanted to see just opened and we knew if we caught an afternoon matinee, it wouldn't be busy. Not to mention, ticket prices are cheaper for that time of day.

We had a nice lunch at Mimi's Cafe and then went over to the theatre and saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It ended up being a pretty good movie.

Now I know what some of you may be thinking, but it's true, I really did want to see this movie! When we first saw the trailer for it on tv, I told Justin that we needed to go see it. He couldn't believe it! He was all for it as he has always enjoyed the X-Men movies. I was never into the comic books, but have watched all of the movies (and several times considering they are constantly being played on cable). It was nice because the theatre wasn't crowded at all. This is why I love matinees! As we were sitting there waiting for the movie to start, Justin asked me if it was alright that we were seeing this movie. Even though I wanted to see it, I told Justin, "Well, it has Hugh Jackman in it so it can't be that bad!" He got a little chuckle out of that one!

It was a perfect weekend to see a movie, as it has rained pretty much nonstop here since Thursday. We may get some sunshine tomorrow, but the rest of the week doesn't look promising that the rain is going to stop.

Relay for Life also got rained out...actually more like flooded out. It has been rescheduled for sometime in July.

No comments: