Saturday, May 23, 2009

What Was I Thinking?

I learned a couple of days ago that Old Navy was having a sale on their flip flops. That's right...flip flops for $1!!! I really didn't have intentions of going, but ended up going to pick some up for a friend who was on vacation. I mean, all I had to do was walk in grab them and walk out, right? Little did I know what I was in for!

About the only thing I can say is that this was WORSE than the day after Thanksgiving! And for those of you who have been to the Vera Bradley sale...I would say that would compare on a pretty level playing field minus the pushing, shoving, strollers, grabbing purses out of people's hands, etc.

What a nightmare! I waited in line for 2 HOURS to buy flip flops....I'm not kidding either! Good thing I didn't have much to do today. What's really sad, is that the flip flops are normally $3.50/pair or 2 for $5. Yeah...I really didn't save that much $$. I did buy some for myself since I was already there. I've already told my friend that she owes me!

Here's a pic from my phone while I was at the end of the line. It may not look bad, but this was the first loop. The line circled the inside of the store twice! Also, notice the boxes of flip flops the people have in front of me? They were a little upset when they got up to the cash register to learn that they were only allowed 5 pairs of flip flop PER TRANSACTION. LOL!

1 comment:

Kyle & Jill said...

I sent my mom over to Old Navy to get me some flip flops and the same thing happened to her!!! She called me pissed that she was waiting in the line and then only allowed to buy 5 pairs.