Monday, August 3, 2009

But I Just Get More Behind With Every Day

I know...I'm a slacker. It's been awhile since I've updated my blog...sorry! There hasn't really been much going on to be honest. Last week, Randy and Dianne were in town and we spent one evening with them. We enjoyed a very nice dinner at Sunset Grill in Nashville and then went and listened to some bluegrass music at The Station Inn. I always enjoy having people stop in to see us! Since we don't get home very often, it's nice to see some familiar faces.

As for me, I finished working at Vanderbilt last week. I had an all day event on Friday and then assisted at an event for a couple of hours on Saturday. It was strange saying good-bye to everyone, because I probably won't see them again. I will also admit that leaving Vanderbilt was bittersweet. While I am very excited about my new position, Vandy was like a little comfort bubble. When I turned in my key, cell phone, id badge, and parking pass, it all hit me that I wouldn't be going back. Speaking of my new position, I started it today. Today was filled with usual first job stuff...filling out paperwork, reading manuals, getting keys, being introduced to everyone, etc. I'm definitely ready to dive in soon!! Also, let me tell you about some of the perks of my new job:
  • From my driveway to the parking lot....it's 20 minutes! This means, I won't be dealing with rush hour anymore! WOOHOO!!!
  • I get to park right outside of my building! That's right...no more driving circles in 11-story parking garages! What's even better...it's FREE parking!
  • I have an office and not a cube! AND an office with a window!
  • I get all of the state holidays!
  • Christmas Eve through New Year's Day off, and I don't have to use any of my own personal vacation time!
  • My hour-long lunch break is back!
  • Casual Friday's
Can you tell that it's really the little things that make me excited!? Meanwhile, I am actually very excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. I feel like this was a very good move for me to make and I'm excited to see where it will take me.

I'm going to leave you with a picture of my gladiolas. I planted bulbs in the spring, and they are now finally starting to bloom! And of course, I have to include a pic of Zoe!

No comments: