Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's Gonna Hurt

I came home from work the other night and Justin said, "Watch your dog." Once she settled down, I watched her walk and saw that she was limping. I asked Justin what happened, and he said, "Look at her paws." When she laid down, I rolled her over and did a paw check. Not only did I see that she licked her paws raw, but she had licked them so much that she gave herself blisters. Let me tell you, this was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. Apparently, her allergies are REALLY bad this year. We've done as much as we can to help alleviate all of the symptoms that go along with allergies, but there really just isn't anything else we can do, except for one thing. And this one thing, we knew she would HATE.
Is that not one of the most pathetic looks you've ever seen? We've tried socks, but she always pulls them off no matter what we do to try to get them to stay on. So, a cone was the next option. Actually, it's called an Elizabethan crown. Funny huh?

I put it on her when I got home....and it was hilarious to watch her. I have a video, but for some reason, the blog site won't allow me to upload it. It appears to be a problem that a lot of people are having, so hopefully the site will get it fixed soon!

No comments: