Sunday, August 16, 2009

Now You Want Me to Go Back to School

While I was working at Vanderbilt, I had a lot of time to think. Many of you know that I wasn't really happy my last few months at Vandy. Work was just so slow, and if you know me well enough, you know that I have a hard time sitting still. That was what led me to start looking for a new job. Well, during this time, I also considered going back to school. However, the program would have to work into my schedule. I didn't really want to "physically" go back to school regardless if it was full-time or at night. So, I started searching online degree programs that I felt might be of interest or a good fit for me. When I finally found a program, I decided to apply to see what would happen.

Good news came Thursday night. I have been accepted to the University of Illinois' Global Program for a Master of Science in Recreation, Sport & Tourism! What's great is that the whole program is online and will only take 18 months to complete.

Anyways, there LOTS to think about now that I've been accepted. As with any college, tuition is high so it's back to looking for scholarships and possibly asking Sallie Mae for another loan again...ugh! So before I make any financial commitment, I want to make sure that this is what I want to do. Not only do I need to consider finances, but I need to consider time. Do I have the time to spend doing this and do I want to go back to having homework again?

There's so much to think about, but at least I have a little time! Wish me luck!

No comments: