I LOVE rodeos...specifically bull riding! I remember watching rodeos with my dad on tv when I was a little girl, and I've been hooked ever since! So, when I realized that we missed the rodeo last year, I knew for sure that we would be going this year! I still didn't get my boots, and I left my cowboy hat at home, but I did buy a new shirt and belt for the occasion! We went out with one of Justin's customers and his wife to the Jack Daniels Invitational! However, the night started off as a comedy of errors. Let me tell you...our lives always have some sort of excitement!
What we didn't realize until a couple of hours before we left was that the Titans had a home pre-season game. Of course, that backed traffic up a bit. With several of the streets being shut down, we had to maneuver our way around downtown to try to find a parking spot somewhere between the Sommet Center and our restaurant. As we entered the parking garage and were driving around, Justin looked at me and instantly I knew...he left the tickets at home! So we turned around and make a quick trip back home to get the tickets only to find an accident blocking traffic at the back of our subdivision. Of course it had to be at the entrance that is closest to our house. Once we got home and got the tickets, we turned around and headed back into Nashville only to be stalled by a pop-up rain shower. As you've heard me mention before, rain in this city means that everyone instantly drops their speed 10-15mph. At last, with a detour through the hood thanks to my great navigational skills, we made it downtown again. We found a pay lot that was in a good location and stepped out to get our ticket. Wouldn't you know that we have two people in front of us who couldn't figure out how to use them. I truly thought Justin might lose his cool at this point and just end up picking up those people's parking tabs. FINALLY, we got our parking ticket and ran the 4 blocks to the restaurant! Justin's customer and his spouse could have cared less about what happened....so it was easy to forget all the chaotic things that led up to getting there!
We made our way over to the rodeo just in time! What we didn't realize was that this was Kyle & Ashley's first time at a rodeo. They seemed to enjoy it...and needless to say I was loving every minute of it! (Alright....I do have to say that I had this fairly large person who was seated next to me who took up half of my seat. I'm ok with that...they really don't make those seats big enough for everyone. What I WASN'T ok with, was the fact that the person beside me {I'm still uncertain if it was a man or a woman} was constantly sweating and wiping it off with their towel. I'm sorry...but this just grossed me out!)
We got to see some GREAT bullriding and the clown did a great job of keeping everyone entertained during the commercial breaks! That's right...this was on Versus! It's the race for VEGAS, baby!
On a little side note...as we were driving downtown, I was looking at the tickets and found it ironic that the Jack Daniels Invitational was sponsored by Copenhagen. As I mentioned this to Justin, I truly realized that I'm a country girl and he's a city boy. When I hear Copenhagen, I think chewing tobacco. When Justin hears Copenhagen, he thinks cologne. Or maybe it's just a little redneck coming out in me! ;-)
1 comment:
Sounds fun! And I am with you....I thought chewing tobacco also :)
Post a Comment