Monday, January 4, 2010

Here For The Party

New Year's Eve was pretty uneventful for us, and that is how I like it!  My cousin Jared, and his girlfriend Stephanie came down to ring in 2010 in Nashville.  Justin and I already had made plans with some of our friends, so we were unable to join them downtown.  Nashville pumped six figures into their downtown celebration which was complete with a free concert by Rodney Atkins, fireworks, and a guitar drop in place of a ball.  Jared and Steph said they enjoyed it, but it sounds like downtown was pretty packed with people.

Those two stayed with us for the rest of the weekend.  We just hung out at the house on Friday and took it easy.  I attempted to delight their taste buds with some of Nashville's own hot chicken, but unfortunately all of the hot chicken places were closed for the holiday.  :-(  Saturday we met them downtown and went to the Predators/Ducks hockey game.  The first period was pretty boring, but luckily our Predators put it in gear and brought some excitement to the game with three goals to beat the Ducks.  It was good to see them, and I'm glad that they were able to make it down and check out Nashville.  Poor Jared though, he could navigate his way around Nashville, but the guy had a heck of a time trying to find the house in our subdivision!

Unfortunately, this weekend meant the end of a long vacation for me.  I absolutely loved having all of that free time off of work.  It was tough to get up this morning to go back to work, but I made it. 

As for my car, I took it to the shop this morning and a co-worker of mine came and picked me up since Justin is out-of-town.  $350 later, I should have a car that runs fine today.  Not thrilled about the $350, but it could have been much worse.  All I know is that the Santa Fe was having some sort of emission problem.  It has something to do with a charcoal filter, a purged control valve and a canister.  Either way, at this point, I'm still cheaper than what I was at this time last year when I had to replace my tires.  Let's hope the trend continues at the dentist!

No comments: