Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Life is Good Today

I've realized that I've left out a lot of what has been going on with Justin lately.  So here's a quick recap:

Over Christmas, Justin actually took vacation.  This is quite shocking!  I usually find him still working at 10:30 at night and also on the weekends.  I love that he has a great work ethic, but the guy really needs to learn to take a break every now and then. I guess this is what happens when you really love your job.  Anyways, Justin decided that over break he was going to organize the garage.  In this process, he was going to build himself a work bench.  I can honestly say that I thought this project was going to go horribly wrong.  I didn't doubt that Justin couldn't do it, but I mean, I've never seen him build anything.  Surprisingly, I didn't hear any shouts of bad words like I did when we were painting the house.  The project went so well, that he even built a massive shelving unit.




 As for the new year, Justin is back on the road again.  New year = new budget.  However, he started this year out a little different.  He went on his first hunting trip....he went duck hunting.  I was a little concerned (do you see a trend here?) because he has never been hunting before, but he was looking forward to it.  He went out and bought all of the gear he needed: waders, ammo, and any sort of warm clothing that they told him to get.





He called me after the first day and told me that he got a duck on his first shot.  I was impressed!  He ended up getting two ducks out of the whole trip.  Not bad for his first time.  However, what I'm not thrilled about is the two dead ducks that I have in my deep freeze....defeathered except for the head.  I still haven't looked yet.  I just don't have the stomach for that.










He is also coaching 8-year-old girls basketball.  There are 7 girls on the team and they had their first practice last night.  He told me that one girl showed up crying.  Lucky him!  I don't think he realizes that he is going to be probably dealing with a lot of that this season.  He was hoping that they might be able to teach them a simple play, but it appears that they are far from that caliber.  I think he's going to be in for a real treat, but I think he is going to enjoy it.

And of course, I'll update you on his health.  He's started allergy shots recently because they really think that is the cause of his problems.  Lately, he's been having some neck pain, and after an X-ray today, the doctor thinks that there may be a tear in the one of the discs in his neck.  He is going to go in for an MRI to have it looked at further.

There you have it!  He's keeping busy! 

No comments: