At this point with the whole moving thing, I really feel that every step forward turns into two steps back. We finally had our first conference call with our relocation assistant, and we still don't really know anything at this point about when we may move. I'll admit, it is frustrating because you feel like you are stuck in limbo with no direction to go. Sure, you know what is going to happen, but until they send someone out to do it, nothing has changed. You have to love being at someone else's mercy.
So, what do I know? Well, our conference call lasted almost 2 hours, and I lost interest quickly! I kept looking at Justin saying, "I am SO bored!" Patti, our relocation assistant, explained to us all about selling our house, getting it appraised, Dow buying it if we can't sell it on our own, inspections, buying, approved realtors, movers, yada, yada, yada. What I want is a move date! I want to know when I can expect to move. No such luck from this phone call.
Despite how frustrated I am in not knowing when things are going to happen, I am thankful that Justin's company has provided us with such a generous relocation package and the resources to make it happen. This move wouldn't be possible without their help.
On the other hand, we did get to spend some time in Indiana for Thanksgiving. We left Nashville on Saturday and made a stop in Louisville to have dinner with one of Justin's customers and his spouse. We ate at this Cuban restaurant that made the best Mango Mojito I've ever had! We rolled into Berne late Saturday night/early Sunday morning to the massive clock tower of Berne. All I can say is, "Really? That is what you chose to raise money for?" Justin feels much more strongly about the clock tower than I do. Make sure to ask him about it next time you see him. ;-)
This trip was the first time I had been home since Christmas last year. It's crazy how fast time goes by. Nothing back home has changed, and it was nice to be back in that familiar setting with family that I haven't seen in so long. The Engle Family Thanksgiving was Sunday, and as always, I stuffed myself! There's just so much good food to choose from there. Since we were going to be in town for awhile, we were able to stay longer than normal which was nice. I always enjoy getting to catch up with everyone and sharing stories.
Monday night, we went out with my parents, sister, and niece in Fort Wayne. My little niece is a doll! I can't believe that she is going to be two shortly! I had to bring her her birthday gift early, as I can't make it to her birthday party this year. I was able to get some video of our dinner conversation...it was some pretty serious stuff!
Tuesday was conference call day and then we headed down to Indy to look for areas we may want to live whenever we move there. I also got to spend time with my friends Anna & Todd Clark who I went to HC with! I love spending time with these two and can't wait to live closer to them!
Wednesday was the big day! Justin and I looked at around 7-8 houses. I was exhausted after the day was over. We found a house in Zionsville and a house in Carmel that we both liked. I'm not sure what is going to happen yet, but it's nice to know there are plenty of houses on the market. Now, it's just deciding which one is right for us. In the evening we had dinner with Justin's old boss, Mark, and his wife Patti. Mark has been an incredible mentor to Justin, and we always enjoy having the opportunity to have dinner with them. The downfall to this day was the snow/freezing rain that showed it's ugly head! I know someone special ordered that weather for me...ugh!
This year we were finally able to spend Thanksgiving with some of Justin's family. In fact, it worked out well since they decided to have it Indy this year and we were already there! We checked out of our hotel and headed over to Justin's cousin Jo & Scott's House for another family gathering. Wow, was it good to see all of them again! Those little kids aren't so little anymore! And those girls who were the flower girls in our wedding, they are so grown up now! Zoe even got to come this year, but we almost had a battle royale between her and Jo & Scott's dog. Never in my life have I ever seen Zoe go after another dog until this day. Poor Oggie didn't know what happened and was shaking like a leaf. He wouldn't quit sniffing Zoe and she apparently had enough! They finally got their territory/other dog issues worked out, but they never really made up. My dog is such a bully.
We had a fantastic trip back to Indiana, but we were exhausted when we got back to Nashville! We crammed so many things into a short amount of time! However, there is still plenty of work to be done in Nashville, so for now, it's back to working on the house and playing the waiting game.
No comments:
Post a Comment