Life in Music City is quickly coming to an end.
It is finally starting to sink in. The curtains and pictures are off the walls which make the house look empty. A few boxes are piled in the kitchen which contain items the movers won't take. I've said goodbye to our vet (who insisted on seeing me to give me a hug), my car mechanic (no, I did not hug him), and tonight it was goodbye to my Wednesday night step class that I've been working out with and sweating with for two years.
I don't know how to explain the feelings I'm experiencing. I haven't shed a tear yet, although I'm sure I will Friday night after dinner with some of our fabulous friends, but I have this overwhelming feeling of sadness. On the other hand, I'm excited about my new home and a new palette of paint colors. I'm excited about being close and hanging out with friends and family I don't get to see often.
The movers are coming tomorrow to box everything up. If it hasn't fully hit home yet, it will tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment