If you didn't know it already, I'm a little feisty. You're shocked aren't you? ;-) LOL!
Every time we get ready to move, it snows. Now you've heard me talk about how snow here is different than up north. No joke...everything shuts down. Today was no different. Snow in the South also brings out "The Good Ole' Boys" (Insert Dukes of Hazzard theme song).
My friend Heather and I went out walking today to help cure her cabin fever, and as we walked past my house, we noticed four-wheeler tracks in the yard. Besides thinking it was rude, I didn't think much else about it. I mean, I did grow up in the country after all and I understand how this sort of thing goes. Then, Justin asked me if I saw it. I told him yes, but he pointed out more. Someone decided to do a donut with their four-wheeler in our back yard which left ruts. Completely disrespectful! What I think is worse is that our house is for sale and tracks and ruts through a yard to a potential buyer do not really make a great impression.
I decided to sound off on our online neighborhood group. I don't usually like to lecture my neighbors, in fact, I prefer to leave them alone, but this time I felt it was worthy. Plus, I'm leaving in a week, so what do I care! I ended up receiving an email from a neighbor telling me who it was. I believed her as I had watched these people drive through the neighborhood on my walk.
So, as Justin is on a conference call I tell him I'm going to go talk to these people. I'm fired up! All he said was, "Try to be nice and take your cell phone." If you didn't know this already, I handle ALL of the customer service complaints in this house. (I know Comcast has to have a red flag by my name.) I mean business!
I jump in my car and drive to the house of the people I'm accusing. There's no banter of hi or introducing myself, just a "Are y'all the ones driving your four-wheelers through my yard?" Long story short, they blame it on someone else (surprise, surprise). What is funny is that about 20 minutes after my conversation with them, an SUV is backed up in their driveway quickly loading up four-wheelers and driving away. Hmm...must have said something right, huh?
Moral of the story...Don't mess with me! (Ha ha ha!) And if you want something done, you know who to talk to! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment